1. RULES and REGULATIONS: United States Bowling Congress rules and regulations will govern this tournament.
2. ENTRANCE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: (a) Participation in the Open Championship Tournament of the Alabama USBC Association shall be available to all members of USBC Chartered local associations within the area served by the State Association in accordance with Article 3(b) of the Alabama USBC Association Constitution and all members must have joined a league 30 days prior to bowling. (b) All bowlers will be required to present their USBC membership cards. If unable, must confirm by their local association manager within 7 days that current membership was purchased 30 days prior to bowling. The tournament manager may refuse to permit any team or individual to bowl if it is determined that the entry should not have been accepted due to the individual(s) not meeting membership requirements.
3. ENTRY FEES: Entry Fee in the tournament shall be $32.00 per person per event—$12.00 lineage fee, $7.50 expense fee, and $12.50 prize fund—with Handicap All Events $5.00 (optional) and Scratch All Events $5.00 (optional). Each official entry must be accompanied with a completed (all information filled in) form. No entry shall be accepted without fees. Any entry accompanied by payment not acceptable by the tournament manager shall lose its place in the tournament schedule and shall not be rescheduled until an acceptable payment is made.
4. PAYMENTS: Make all checks payable to AUSBCA. A $30.00 fee will be charged for Returned Checks. No Certified or Registered Mail will be accepted.
5. MULTIPLE PARTICIPATION: Entrants may bowl multiple times in Team Event, but at least two players in the line-up must be different. A contestant's FIRST team score shall count in all-events total.
6. DOUBLES/SINGLES ENTRIES: Doubles and singles are run as one squad. Bowlers may only enter doubles and singles one time. If you enter doubles you must enter singles and vice versa. Doubles are bowled first and then singles.
7. LINE-UP CHANGES/REPORTING TIMES: Team captains will be required to make line-up changes at least one hour prior to scheduled bowling time and must present a certification of the substitute's average at that time. Line-up changes will not be permitted other than substitution. The substitute will bowl in the line-up position of the bowler being replaced. If no changes are to be made in the line-up team captains must report at least thirty (30) minutes prior to scheduled bowling time. ALUSBC policy concerning prize fund payments is to pay the person who bowled the event without regard to how the entry fee was paid. Any arrangements between bowlers concerning the actual bowling and payment of entry fees are beyond AUSBCA's ability to control.
8. AVERAGES: Bowlers will use their highest certified league average consisting of at least twenty-one (21) or more games for the 2019-20 winter or summer season.
a. A bowler having a current season average for twenty-one (21) or more games in a sanctioned league as of January 1 that is ten (10) pins or more higher than the previous season's average must use the current season's average in this tournament.
b. A bowler without an average during the 2019-20 season may use the highest current season average based on at least twenty-one (21) or more games bowled in a sanctioned league prior to January 1. Written verification is required.
c. A bowler who does not qualify under the above conditions must enter with an average of 220.
d. It is each bowler’s individual responsibility to ensure compliance with USBC Rules 319a, b, c, d and e concerning averages.
9. HANDICAP: Handicap will be computed on a basis of 90% of the difference between each individual average and scratch average of 220 in each event.
10. TOURNAMENT AWARDS: The following tournament awards will be presented:
a. CASH AWARDS Handicap Division: Cash awards will be made on a basis of one of eight places in teams, singles, and doubles events and one of ten places in paid all-events entries. Prize fees will be returned 100% in prizes. Prize fund will be allocated 90% handicap and 10% scratch.
b. CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHIES will be presented to the champion in team, singles, doubles, and all-events in both handicap and scratch divisions.
c. TIES: In case of a tie for first place in any event, co-champions will be declared, and duplicate awards will be made with the cash prizes for the positions to be divided equally.
d. USBC MASTERS TOURNAMENT: The scratch all-events champion will have paid entry into the USBC Masters Tournament. In the event the champion cannot represent Alabama, the first runner-up will represent Alabama. In case of tie(s) the following method in determining the representative shall apply: (1) High scratch scores for series in singles, (2) High scratch series in doubles, (3) toss a coin.
11. ALL LANE ASSIGNMENTS ARE MADE BY THE COMPUTER.
12. DRESS CODE: Men and women may wear casual slacks, trousers, jeans and shorts. The jeans should not have worn, cut, or tattered openings in inappropriate areas that show skin or underwear. Shorts should fall within 3 inches of the knee. During participation in any event, bowlers are not permitted to wear hats, bandannas, or any type of head wear. If any bowler has a medical condition requiring some type of bandage or headgear, they should contact the tournament manager for permission to wear. Tournament management or designee will enforce the dress code. He/she will make judgment calls to the dress code question or concerns, and any circumstances surrounding such issues. His/her decision shall be final.
13. AUSBCA LIABILITY: The entrants whose names appear on the entry form or their authorized replacements hereby agree that the AUSBCA, its officers and agents shall be liable only to the extent of returning entry fees if, and when, these entrants shall be prevented from bowling in any event in the tournament through delay, unexpected yet necessary schedule change, or premature termination of the tournament, which may be brought about by war, national emergency or causes relating thereto or resulting there from fires, strikes, lockouts, labor difficulties or other causes beyond the control of AUSBCA.
14. The oil pattern for this tournament is Bourbon Street.15. THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE SHALL DECIDE ANY QUESTIONS/DISPUTES NOT COVERED BY THESE RULES.