TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Nancy Cleckler
- This tournament is certified (Cert. # 4201) by the United States Bowling Congress and shall be governed by the USBC Youth rules.
- State level competition date is May 18-19, 2013. Advancement from Sectional Level to State Level is a one-time entry. If an individual who qualified cannot participate in the State competition, replacement will be eligible based on order of finish in previous Sectional competition.
- Advancement ratio from Sectional competition to the State competition is at least one (1) for every two (2) entries per division, or major fraction thereof, including last place ties in the U12, U15 & U20 divisions. In all cases at least one (1) person per division shall advance.
- Entry closing date is Monday, March 20, 2013. Qualifier’s name, address, telephone number, and date of birth must be submitted to the state tournament director by this date.
- Competition shall be conducted in the following divisions, based on their date of birth:
U12 Boys & Girls Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/2000 thru 7/31/2004
U15 Boys & Girls Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/1997 thru 7/31/2000
U20 Boys & Girls Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/1992 thru 7/31/1997
Due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict with the Special Olympics at Bama Lanes in Montgomery, a change to the State Pepsi Tournament squad times was necessary. THE CHANGE IS LISTED BELOW IN REDThe tournament format shall be:
U12 Boys & Girls / May 19, 2013 @ 9:00 am
3020 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery, AL 36350
Will bowl 3 games on the same pair of lanes. Total pinfall will determine the winner.
U15 & U20 Boys & Girls / May 18, 2013 @ 2:00 pm (3 games)
3020 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery, AL 36350
The top 6 in each division will return on Sunday, May 19th at 1:00 pm for head-to-head matches
On Sunday, May 19th at 10:00 am the top 6 in the U15 & U20 divisions will come back and bowl 6 games using a 6-team league schedule with a position round for game 6. Pinfall from previous games will be dropped. Total pinfall will determine the champions.
- Entry fee was included in the Sectional fees. Awards and Scholarship fee shall be returned 100%. All Scholarships held in Smart Program (SMART Acct. # 8508) Contact SMART 1-800-513-2695 ext. 8292).
Youth participants will not wear apparel or use bowling equipment depicting alcohol, tobacco, gambling, an illegal substance or inappropriate language/gestures during competition. Please see Rule #301b. All bowlers must wear suitable attire. Collared Shirts or the “Youth Member Shirts” with slacks; capris will be accepted for girls as long as they are not jean capris. NO JEANS OR SHORTS ALLOWED! No hats or caps. Knee length dresses are okay for girls. No playing of handheld or any type of video games, and no listening of portable cassette/disc players or radios during the tournament. No Cell Phones. The Tournament Director will make all decisions regarding the dress code.
NO SMOKING PERMITTED BY USBC YOUTH PARTICIPANTS. PARENTS AND TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS NEEDING TO SMOKE MUST DO SO IN THE DESIGNATED AREAS.
- No substitutes will be permitted, however; replacements may be used for bowlers not present 15 minutes prior to squad time as stated in Rule 2.
- Competitors shall be allowed 10 minutes practice on their starting lanes.
- If no substitution has been made, bowlers arriving late shall begin play and the score shall count beginning with the frame then being bowled. Missed frames shall be credited with a zero for that frame.
- Bowlers must have a minimum of 12 games as of January 24, 2013 OR as of date of their Sectional Competition.
- Only bowlers and tournament officials will be allowed in the settee area.
- Ties will be broken by a 1 game roll-off. Should a tie still exist, it will be broken by a 9th & 10th frame roll-off, plus 1/10th of the bowler’s handicap per frame (where applicable) (Rule 326A).
- Claims for errors in scoring or general playing rules must be made to the tournament director no later than the start of the next block or 30 minutes after the completion of competition. The tournament director shall decide upon questionable errors. All other protest must be confirmed in writing to the tournament director within 72 hours before the awards are presented. Under this rule, each protest must be specific in itself.
- Symbolic Awards will be given as follows:
Top 6 in U15 & U20 Divisions 1st Place – A plaque, all others a certificate
Top 3 U12 Division 1st Place – A plaque, all others a certificate
- Scholarships will be awarded as follows in each division:
1st Place - $ 500.00 2nd Place - $ 300.00 3rd Place - $ 200.00.
- The first place winners and runners-up of the 12 and above Girls and Boys Scratch Divisions will advance to the 2013 USBC North Pointe Junior Gold Championships on July 13-19, 2013 in Detroit, MI. They must be a USBC Junior Gold member to advance or purchase a USBC Junior Gold membership prior to the championships. USBC will waive the $200 entry fee for U20 advancers and $150 entry fee for the U15 advancers. These athletes will compete for additional scholarships available to all athletes at the championships, as well as other prizes and awards. All U.S. citizens are vying for a spot on USBC Junior Team USA 2014 to represent the United States in national and international competition.
- The first place winners in the 12 and above Handicap Divisions will receive a paid entry into the 2012 USBC Youth Open Championship Tournament to be held in Indianapolis, IN on July 12-29, 2012. ($100.00 fee covers all events into the tournament)
- The first place winners in the U12 Divisions will receive a paid entry into the 2013 USBC Youth Open Championship Tournament to be held in Detroit, MI on July 11-28, 2013.
- Advancers must agree to bowl in the Championship Tournaments, or failing to do so, agree to waive all rights. Replacement will be selected based on the order of placement in their division at the State level. If the advancer decides not to attend the International finals, the State Scholarship won may be withdrawn and all monies received must be return. This decision will be made by the State Tournament Committee.
- All matters not covered by these rules and regulations shall be determined by the Alabama Pepsi USBC Youth Championships Committee and the National Pepsi USBC Youth Championships Committee. The National Pepsi USBC Youth Championships Tournament Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any participant.
ADDRESS: 14121 Highway 43
Vandiver, AL 35176