1. RULES and REGULATIONS: United States Bowling Congress rules and regulations will govern this tournament.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Participation in the Alabama USBC Association Mixed Championship Tournament shall be available to all members of USBC-chartered local associations served by the State Association and all participants must be a member of a certified Alabama USBC league at least 30 days prior to entry closing date. All entrants will be required to present their USBC membership cards
3. PARTICIPANTS - The tournament will consist of Mixed Team Events (two women and two men), Mixed Doubles Event (one woman and one man), and separate women's and men's division on Singles and All-Events. No more than one member holding a professional membership card (national or regional within the last 12 months) shall bowl on any team or doubles event.
4. MULTIPLE PARTICIPATION: An entrant may participate multiple times in team and doubles but must bowl both doubles and singles the first-time bowling in doubles. The first score bowled in each event will count toward all-events score. For multiple participation, you must change two players in team and one player in doubles.
5. PAYMENTS - Make all checks payable to Alabama USBC. A $30.00 fee will be charged for Returned Checks. No Certified or Registered Mail will be accepted. Entries with returned checks shall lose their place in the tournament schedule and will not be rescheduled until acceptable payment is made.
6. AVERAGES: Bowlers will use their highest certified league average consisting of at least twenty-one (21) or more games for the 2020-21 winter or summer season.
a. A bowler having a current season average for twenty-one (21) or more games in a sanctioned league as of January 1, 2022, that is ten (10) pins or more, higher than the previous season's average must use the current season's average.
b. A bowler without an average during the 2019-20 season may use the highest current season average based on at least twenty-one (21) or more games bowled in a sanctioned league prior to January 1, 2022. Verification is required. League standing sheet is acceptable.
c. A bowler who does not qualify under the above conditions must enter with an average of 220.
d. It is each bowler’s responsibility to ensure compliance with USBC Rules 319a, b, c, d and e concerning averages.
7. HANDICAP - 90% of the difference of the bowler's average and 220 will be used.
8. TOURNAMENT AWARDS: Cash awards will be made on a basis of one of eight places in team, doubles and singles events and one of ten places in paid all-events entries. Prize fund will be returned 100%, with 10% being applied to scratch awards in team, doubles and singles.
9. DRESS CODE - Men and women may wear casual slacks, trousers, jeans and shorts. The jeans should not have worn, cut or tattered openings in inappropriate areas that show skin or underwear. Shorts should fall within 3 inches of the knee. During participation in any event, bowlers are not permitted to wear hats, bandannas, or any type of head wear. If any bowler has a medical condition requiring some type of bandage or headgear they should contact the tournament manager for permission to wear. Tournament management or designee will enforce the dress code. He/she will make judgment calls to the dress code question/concerns, and any circumstances surrounding such issues. His/her decision shall be final.
10. AUSBCA LIABILITY: The entrants whose names appear on the entry form or their authorized replacements hereby agree that the AUSBCA, its officers and agents shall be liable only to the extent of returning entry fees if, and when, these entrants shall be prevented from bowling in any event in the tournament through delay, unexpected yet necessary schedule change, or premature termination of the tournament, which may be brought about by war, national emergency or causes relating thereto or resulting therefrom fires, strikes, lockouts, labor difficulties or other causes beyond the control of AUSBCA.
11. THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE SHALL DECIDE ANY QUESTIONS/DISPUTES NOT COVERED BY THESE RULES