1. RULES AND REGULATIONS: United States Bowling Congress rules and regulations will govern this tournament.
2. ENTRANCE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: (a) Participation in the Women’s Championship Tournament of the Alabama USBC Association shall be available to all FEMALE members of USBC Chartered local asso-ciations within the area served by the State Association in accordance with Article 3(b) of the Alabama USBC Association Constitution and all mem-bers must have joined a league 30 days prior to bowling. (b) All bowlers will be required to present their USBC membership cards. If unable, must confirm by their local association manager within 7 days that current mem-bership was purchased 30 days prior to bowling. The tournament manager may refuse to permit any team or individual to bowl if it is determined that the entry should not have been accepted due to the individual(s) not meet-ing membership requirements.
3. PROFESSIONAL BOWLERS: No more than one member of any Na-tional Professional Bowling Organization will be allowed to bowl on a team or doubles set.
4. ENTRY FEES: Entry Fee in the tournament shall be $32.00 per per-son per event—$12.00 lineage fee, $7.50 expense fee, and $12.50 prize fund—with Handicap All Events $5.00 (optional) and Scratch All Events $5.00 (optional). Prize fund will be allocated 90% handicap and 10% scratch. Prize fees will be returned 100% in prizes. Each official entry must be accompanied with a completed (all information filled in) form. No entry shall be accepted without fees. Any entry accompanied by payment not acceptable by the tournament manager shall lose its place in the tourna-ment schedule and shall not be rescheduled until an acceptable payment is made.
5. PAYMENTS: Make all checks payable to AUSBCA. A $30.00 fee will be charged for Returned Checks. No Certified or Registered Mail will be accepted.
6. TEAM EVENT: Four members shall constitute a team. Entrants may bowl multiple times in Team Event, but at least two players in the line-up must be different.
7. TEAM CAPTAINS are responsible for checking in team members with appropriate USBC sanction cards, notifying team members of all rules of the tournament and advising team of dates and times of competition.
8. TEAM ROSTER: No entrant shall be permitted to change her position in any team or doubles line-up.
9. DOUBLES & SINGLES: Entrants in Doubles and Singles must enter both events. Doubles Event will be bowled first. ENTRANTS WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO BOWL DOUBLES AND SINGLES ONE TIME. Doubles & Singles will be bowled on the same pair of lanes.
10. SUBSTITUTIONS will be allowed and made at least one hour prior to the scheduled bowling time with verification of average. Substitute shall take the place of the original entrant. Substitute will be entitled to any prize moneys or awards earned from her competition. Substitute will not be liable for any reimbursement of entry fees, prize money or awards to the original entrant. Paid All-Events are not transferable unless substitute replaces original entrant in all three events.
11. AVERAGES: Bowlers will use their highest certified league average consisting of at least twenty-one (21) or more games for the 2019-20 win-ter or summer season.
12. HANDICAP: Handicap will be computed on a basis of 90% of the dif-ference between each individual average and scratch average of 220 in each event.
13. TOURNAMENT AWARDS: The following tournament awards will be presented:
14.TIES: In case of a tie for first place in any event, co-champions will be declared, and duplicate awards will be made with the cash prizes for the positions to be divided equally.
15. SCHEDULING: Entries will be scheduled in order of receipt in the hands of the tournament manager or by a post office as evidenced by postmark. The tournament may cancel a shift when deemed in the best interest of the bowlers. Additional shifts and times may be added upon entries and lane availability.
16. ALL LANE ASSIGNMENTS ARE MADE BY THE COMPUTER.
17. PROTESTS: Any protests shall be governed by USBC Rule 329.
18. DRESS CODE: Entrants are requested to wear suitable attire when participating in the tournament. NO HALTER TOPS, TANK TOPS, CROP TOPS, OR MINI SKIRTS WILL BE ALLOWED. ALL SHORTS WORN MUST BE NO SHORTER THAN 3 INCHES ABOVE THE KNEECAP. During participation in any event, bowlers are not permitted to wear hats, bandannas, or any type of head wear. If any bowler has a medical condi-tion requiring some type of bandage or headgear they should contact the tournament manager for permission to wear. Tournament management or designee will enforce the dress code. He/she will make judgment calls to the dress code question or concerns, and any circumstances surrounding such issues. His/her decision shall be final.
19. AMENITIES: Entrants are not permitted to smoke, eat or drink in the seating area while participating in any bowling event of the tournament.
20. DISCLAIMER: The entrants whose names appear hereon or their replacements hereby agree that the Alabama USBC State Association, its officers and agents shall be liable only to the extent of returning en-try fees if and when these entrants shall be prevented from bowling any event in the tournament through premature termination of the tournament, which may be brought about by war, national emergency or emergencies or causes relating thereto or resulting therefrom, fires, strikes, lockouts, labor difficulties or other causes beyond the control of the Alabama USBC State Association.
21. THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE SHALL DECIDE ANY QUES-TIONS/DISPUTES NOT COVERED BY THESE RULES.