1. ENTRANCE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: (a) Participation in the Championship Tournament of the Alabama USBC Association shall be available to all FEMALE members of USBC Chartered local associations within the area served by the State Association in accordance with Article 3(b) of the USBC State Association Constitution and all members must have joined a league 30 days prior to bowling. (b) All bowlers will be required to present their USBC membership cards. If unable, must confirm by their local association manager within 7 days that current membership was purchased 30 days prior to bowling. The tournament manager may refuse to permit any team or individual to bowl if it is determined that the entry should not have been accepted due to the individual(s) not meeting membership requirements.
2.PROFESSIONAL BOWLERS: No more than one member of any National Professional Bowling Organization will be allowed to bowl on a team or doubles set.
3. STUDENTS PARTICIPATION: Unmarried grade and high school students who are under the age of 18 must have written consent (on an USBC approved form) of their parents or guardian to compete in any USBC CERTIFIED TOURNAMENT WHERE CASH OR MERCHANDISE PRIZES ARE OFFERED. Said written consent must be on file with the tournament manager at least one week before the bowler is eligible for tournament competition, unless the student is accompanied by his or her parent or guardian in which case the consent form may be completed up to the time the student starts to bowl (USBC Rule 13).
4. ENTRY FEES: Entry Fee in the tournament shall be $22.00 per person per event. An (optional) $5.00 per person per event for scratch Team, Doubles and Singles Events with Handicap All Events $5.00 (optional) and Scratch All Events $5.00 (optional). Prize fees will be returned 100% in prizes. Each official entry must be accompanied with a completed (all information filled in) form. No entry shall be accepted without fees. All information requested on the form must be furnished or the entry will be returned. Any entry accompanied by payment not acceptable by the tournament manager shall lose its place in the tournament schedule and shall not be rescheduled until an acceptable payment is made.
5. PAYMENTS: Make all checks payable to AUSBCA. A $30.00 fee will be charged for Returned Checks. Entries with returned checks shall lose their place in the tournament schedule and will not be rescheduled until acceptable payment is made.
No Certified or Registered Mail will be accepted.
6.TEAM EVENT: Four (4) members shall constitute a team. Entrants may bowl multiple times in Team Event. No more than two members may bowl on the same team. WHEN A BOWLER COMPETES IN THE TEAM EVENT MORE THAN ONCE, THE SCORE BOWLED IN HER FIRST TEAM EVENT SHALL COUNT TOWARDS HER ALL-EVENTS.
7. TEAM CAPTAINS are responsible for checking in team members with appropriate USBC sanction cards, notifying team members of all rules of the tournament and advising team of dates and times of competition.
8. TEAM ROSTER: No entrant shall be permitted to change her position in any team or doubles line-up.
9. MATCH PLAY: No change will be made in the entrants scheduled time except in case of emergency. Any change must be approved by the tournament manager.
10.DOUBLES & SINGLES: Entrants in Doubles and Singles must enter both events. Doubles Event will be bowled first. ENTRANTS WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO BOWL DOUBLE AND SINGLES ONE TIME. Doubles & Singles will be bowled on the same pair of lanes.
11.UNOPPOSED COMPETITION: Entrants of any event not paired with other entrants shall bowl as though contested. Anchor bowler must have completed her frame on one lane before the lead-off bowler begins the next frame.
12.SUBSTITUTIONS will be allowed and made at least one hour prior to the scheduled bowling time with verification of average. Substitute shall take the place of the original entrant. Substitute will be entitled to any prize moneys or awards earned from her competition. Substitute will not be liable for any reimbursement of entry fees, prize money or awards to the original entrant. Paid All-Events are not transferable unless substitute replaces original entrant in all three events.
13. TARDY BOWLERS: Entrants arriving late will be permitted to bowl. Scores to count beginning with the frame in which she starts to bowl. No practice shots will be allowed after tournament play begins.
14.INJURY/EMERGENCY: If an entrant is unable to complete competition in either the Team or Doubles Events, a substitute will be permitted, if available and the combined score will count.
If a substitute is not available the actual score of the frames bowled shall count. Substitutions made because of injury or emergency are subject to approval by the tournament director.
15. ENTRY FEE REFUNDS: No team or individual shall be entitled to a refund after the form and fees have been received and a definite schedule date assigned.
16. AVERAGES: Bowlers will use their highest certified league average consisting of at least twenty-one (21) or more games for the 2011-12winterseason.
a. A bowler having a current season average for twenty-one (21) or more games in a sanctioned league as of January 1, 2013 that is ten (10) pins or more higher than the previous season's average must use the current season's average in this tournament.
b. A bowler without an average during the 2011-2012winterseason may use the highest current season average based on at least twenty-one (21) or more games bowled in a sanctioned league prior to January 1, 2013. Written verification is required.
c. A bowler who does not have a 2011-12 winter league average or current winter season average may use a 2012 summer league average.
d. A bowler who does not qualify under the above conditions must enter with an average of 220.
e. All bowlers will be required to verify and initial their submitted averages as correct prior to the end of the first game bowled. It is each bowler's responsibility to determine that the submitted average is correct. Failure to use the proper average shall disqualify score if the submitted average is lower than the actual average thereby resulting in more handicap or position standings will be based on submitted average if it is higher.
f. Average corrections can be made up to the end of the first game of a series. Or, if an extension of time has been granted in writing by tournament management before the end of the first game of a series, the correction can be made within 48 hours after the end of the series.
17. FALSIFYING AVERAGES: The team captain is responsible for reporting all averages for the individual members of their team, and they in turn are responsible to the captain. Should it be determined that at any time the averages have been falsified, the team shall forfeit all claims for prize money and entry fee and will be subject to suspension from organized bowling.
18. AVERAGE RE-RATING: The tournament manager reserves the right to re-rate average under USBC rules 319a, b, c, d, and e. A bowler who has qualified for a prize of $600.00 or more in any event in a tournament within the previous 12 month period must report actual scores, position and amount won to the tournament manager at time of entry in any for possible re-rating. Such re-rating must be accomplished before the entrant bowls and if not accepted by the entrant, the entry fee shall be refunded. Failure to comply with either of these provisions shall be cause to forfeit tournament entry fee and prize winnings.
19. HANDICAP: Handicap will be computed on a basis of 90% of the difference between each individual average and scratch average of 220 in each event.
20. TOURNAMENT AWARDS: The following tournament awards will be presented:
a. CASH AWARDS Handicap Division: Cash awards will be made on a basis of one of eight places in teams, singles, and doubles events and one of ten places in paid all-events entries. Prize Fund returned 100%.
b. CASH AWARDS: Scratch Division: Cash awards will be made on a basis of one of eight places in teams, singles, and doubles events and one of ten places in paid all-events entries. Prize Fund returned 100%.
c. CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHIES & USBC CHAMPIONSHIP CHEVRONS will be presented to the champion in team, singles, doubles, and all-events in both handicap and scratch divisions.
21.TIES: In case of a tie for first place in any event, co-champions will be declared and duplicate awards will be made with the cash prizes for the positions to be divided equally.
22. SCHEDULING: Entries will be scheduled for the shift requested (or if such shift has been filled, on the next shift available) in order of receipt in the hands of the tournament manager or by a post office as evidenced by postmark. The tournament may cancel a shift when deemed in the best interest of the bowlers. Additional shifts and times may be added upon entries and lane availability.
23. This tournament will use the recommended USBC White #1 oil pattern.
24. EQUIPMENT: Each entrant must have a bowling ball for individual use in the tournament. Only one ball per bowler will be allowed on the ball return.
25. ALTERING THE SURFACE OF A BOWLING BALL by the use of abrasives while bowling in sanctioned competition is prohibited. All bowling balls so altered must be removed from the competition. Any entrant in violation of USBC Rule 18 will forfeit game(s) in which the violation occurred and is subject to dismissal from the tournament as well as suspension of membership.
26. FOREIGN SUBSTANCE: the application of any foreign substance on any part of the approach is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, such substances as talcum powder, pumice, etc. Also soft rubber soles or heels that rub off on the approach. No rosin bags, hand conditioners, easy slides, etc. will be allowed in the pit (seated) area
27. COURTESY: Only one (1) lane courtesy will be allowed. Only one bowling ball per bowler will be allowed on the ball return rack at any one time during the team event.
28. ALL LANE ASSIGNMENTS ARE MADE BY THE COMPUTER.
29. PROTESTS: Any protests affecting eligibility, average, or general playing rules shall be governed by USBC Rule 329, page 87.
30.DRESS CODE: Entrants are requested to wear suitable attire when participating in the USBC Championship Tournament. NO HALTER TOPS, TANK TOPS, CROP TOPS, OR MINI SKIRTS WILL BE ALLOWED. ALL SHORTS WORN MUST BE NO SHORTER THAN 3 INCHES ABOVE THE KNEECAP. During participation in any event, bowlers are not permitted to wear hats, bandannas, or any type of head wear. If any bowler has a medical condition requiring some type of bandage or headgear they should contact the tournament manager for permission to wear. Tournament management or designee will enforce the dress code. He/she will make judgment calls to the dress code question or concerns, and any circumstances surrounding such issues. His/her decision shall be final.
31. AMENITIES: Entrants are not permitted to smoke, eat or drink in the seating area while participating in any bowling event of the tournament.
32. DISCLAIMER: The entrants whose names appear hereon or their replacements hereby agree that the Alabama USBC State Association, its officers and agents shall be liable only to the extent of returning entry fees if and when these entrants shall be prevented from bowling any event in the tournament through premature termination of the tournament, which may be brought about by war, national emergency or emergencies or causes relating thereto or resulting therefrom, fires, strikes, lockouts, labor difficulties or other causes beyond the control of the Alabama USBC State Association.
33. THE ALABAMA USBC TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE SHALL DECIDE ANY QUESTIONS AND/OR DISPUTES NOT COVERED BY THESE RULES.
Loretta Stowers, Tournament Manager Phone: 256-543-9658
Kathy Pugh, Co Tournament Director Phone: 205-792-2533
Bob Gambrell, Co Tournament Director Phone: 205-765-4895