1. All entrants in the Dixiebelle Tournament must be members in good
standing of their local and state associations and the USBC. Unmarried grade or high school
students who have not reached the age of 18 must furnish written consent signed by a parent or
guardian. The consent shall be on a USBC approved form and shall be on file with the tournament
manager at least one week before the bowler is eligible for tournament competition, unless the
student is accompanied by her parent or guardian in which case the parental consent form may be
filed up to the time the student begins competition.
2. Bowlers who identify themselves as professionals or who are members or who apply for membership
in any professional or semi- professional bowler organization on or after August 1 preceding this
tournament shall not be eligible for participation in this tournament.
3. Entrants must use their HIGHEST USBC sanctioned league average based on a minimum of 21 games as
of the end of the 2014-2015 season. Where average records are published by the local association,
the book average will be recognized as official. If she has no winter average, an entrant shall use
the highest average of the 2014 summer season provided she has bowled 21 games or more. If no
2014/2015 winter or 2015 summer average has been established, an entrant shall use her current
average for 21 games or more as of October 26, 2015. An entrant without a 21 game average as of
October 26, 2015 must bowl scratch. THE ENTRANT MUST USE HER HIGHEST SANCTIONED LEAGUE AVERAGE
WHETHER BOWLED AS A REGULAR MEMBER OR AS A SUBSTITUTE. USBC Rule #319-(b) DOES NOT APPLY. If an
entrant is a member of another local association, the secretary of the association must also verify
her membership and average. If an entrant carries a higher average in another association, that
local association secretary must verify her averages. ALL VERIFICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE
ENTRY. ATTACH A SEPARATE SHEET IF NECESSARY.
4. It shall be the bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of her average, whether
originally submitted by the bowler, her team captain or others. Failure to use the correct average
shall disqualify her score. Prize winnings shall be based on the submitted average if it is higher
than the correct average. All averages must be verified within 10 days after bowling.
5. Handicap shall be based on 90% of the difference between each
bowler’s average and 220.
6. Multiple participation in team event is allowed. No more than two bowlers on the same team can
place more than once in the prize list. Bowlers may bowl multiple in doubles with new partners.
Participants may cash only one time with the same partner.
7. Lanes will be assigned by the tournament manger. No change in the schedule will be made except
in the case of an emergency and must be approved by the tournament manager. In order to be
scheduled at the same time, teams doubling together should send entries and fees in the same
envelope. Teams that wish to cross lanes together shall submit their entry forms and fees in the
same envelope with their written request to cross lanes.
8. Team captains shall report to the tournament manager at least 30 min. before scheduled time to
bowl. A substitute must be reported to the tournament manager at least one hour before scheduled
time to bowl. No changes will be made in the line-up except those involving substitutes. Paid
all-events are not transferable unless the substitute replaces the original entrant in all three
events and the transfer is made by the tournament manager prior to the time of the substitutes’
participation in any event.
9. An entrant arriving late will be permitted to bowl, with her scores to
count with the first frame bowled. Previous frames will be scored as
10. The prize fund will be returned 100% based on one prize for each ten-(10) entries in team,
doubles, and singles. Fifteen percent (15%) of the prize fund will be distributed for scratch
prizes in team, doubles, and singles. All-Events prize fund will be equally divided between Scratch
and Handicap and will be returned at 100% based on one-(1) prize for each ten-(10) entries. Note:
All prize money will be mailed to the Team Captain for disbursement.
11. Any bowler who has won $600.00 or more (cash or merchandise) in any event in any sanctioned
tournament withen the previous 12 month period must report actual scores, position, and amount won
to the tournament manager at the time of bowling for possible re-rating.
USBC Rule 319d. Any bowler who has been re-rated by a tournament
manager or association must report average adjustment when entry is submitted. The tournament
manager reserves the right to re-rate ant entrant prior to bowling. Failure to comply with these
provisions is cause for forfeiture of entry fee and prize winnings, which will be carried over to
the prize fund of the next Tournament year.
12. Out of town bowlers will be given time preference. Additional squads will be added if
necessary. After entries have been accepted, no entry fee will be refunded.
13. The tournament manager has the right to refuse any entries and
has final decision on all matters pertaining to this tournament unless an
appeal is made in accordance with USBC Rule #329.
14. Entry fees are $22.00 per person per event. The $22.00 entry fee covers $7.50 bowling, $10.50
prize fund, and $4.00 expense fee. Optional All-Events is $6.00 and is for scratch and handicap as
outlined in Rule #10.
15. Tournament games cannot be re-bowled
16. Re-entry bowling for teams, doubles, & singles will be allowed provided the lanes are available
and the tournament manager is notified at least 1 hour before starting time. Note: teams and
doubles that make no changes in their line-up (per rule #6) can only cash in one place regardless
of the number of times they have bowled. Re-entry is allowed for those that pre-entered the
tournament. No walk-ins allowed to bowl in a re-entry. Singles can cash in only one place in the
17. First team & doubles event will be used to determine all-events score. Entrants in the doubles
event must bowl in the singles and vice versa. (See rule #6 for re-entry guidelines & requirements)
All-Events is optional.
18. The 10 pin rule does not apply
19. Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency or emergency
causes relating thereto or
therefrom, fire, natural disaster or any other reason beyond the control of the DixieBelle
Championships shall cause, to the extent required thereby, all advertised prizes, guaranteed or
otherwise, to be prorated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in each of
the respective events up to the time of such termination.