Youth City Championship
based on 90% of 200
|Entry Closing Date:|
December 20, 2012
Bowlers will date and times requested unless notified of
Doubles & Singles
Madison Bowling Center
8661 Hwy. 72 W
|Team Event Schedule
|Doubles & Singles Schedule|
DECEMBER 20, 2012
|Mail Entries to:
505 Smith Vasser Road
Harvest, AL 35749
Huntsville Youth City Tournament Entry Form
You will need Adobe Acrobat to read and print the entry form.
Huntsville Youth City Tournament Rules
- All USBC rules will be observed. 90% of 200 handicaps will be used for each entry in each division.
- All members of the Huntsville Association are eligible to enter.
- Team has 4 Divisions (3 Divisions for entrants 9 years old and over, and 1 Division for bantams.) Singles and Doubles has 5 Divisions with the same break down.
- In team events only, girls and boys may mix. Doubles, Singles, and All Events will be separated into Boys and Girls Divisions. If a girl bowls with a boy in Doubles they will compete in the Boys Division.
- Bumpers will only bowl 2 games for the entire tournament. They will bowl on Saturday. Bumpers will use their average as of December 15, 2012, provided 12 games have been bowled; otherwise they will use their average as of tournament date, provided 12 games have been bowled. Awards will be given on the basis of one (1) out of every five (5) entries in each boy and girl divisions for handicap. Scratch awards will be given to first place winners in each division.
- Bowlers shall use current league average with a minimum of 12 games as of Dec. 15, 2012 unless book average for 2011-2012 is 1 pin higher. Bowlers with less than 12 games as of cut-off date (12-15-2012) will use average as of Tournament date, provided 12 games have been bowled. Bowlers with less than 12 games as of tournament date shall bowl scratch. If bowling in more than one league, the highest average will be used. In case of injury to bowlers average established hand bowler may use other hand but must bowl scratch if average not established before tournament.
- Entrants must compete in all three events to be eligible for All Events Championships.
- Multiple participation in the Team Event is permitted provided at least two members of a team are changed. A bowler may participate in no more than four teams. The first Team Event bowled will count towards All Events. Bowler may bowl up to 2 sets of Doubles partners must change. The first set of Doubles will count towards All Events. Singles may only be bowled once. A person may sub unlimited times in Team and Doubles Events only.
- Bowlers in all divisions will bowl 3 games in each event.
- Doubles and Singles will be bowled consecutively, with singles being bowled first. If entered in one, bowler must bowl in both events. Doubles and Singles will be bowled on the same pair of lanes.
- Substitutions must be made one hour prior to schedule time to bowl. Adult supervisor must present certification of average. Tournament manager may waive notification time for emergencies. In the case of an emergency and a sub is needed the line up may be changed. (Example: car accident, death, sickness that day.) Once an entry is submitted and accepted line-up may not be changed.
- Bowlers should check in 30 minutes prior to scheduled time to bowl. Late arrivals will start bowling the frame the rest are bowling with zero score for frames missed. No absentee score, Pre-bowling, or Post bowling shall be permitted.
- No entry will be accepted without the proper fee. Fees shall be paid with league check, personal checks, or money orders only- No Cash. All entries must be received by the Tournament manager or be postmarked by midnight of December 20, 2012.
- No entry fees shall be refunded after the entry has been processed and the dates assigned have been accepted.
- First Place handicap winners in each division will be designated Champions and will hold such title until next annual tournament.
- If there are tie scores involving awards duplicate awards will be made.
- Tournament manager must decide on all disputes and/or complaints and reinforce the rules and spirit of USBC competitions. All written protest shall be referred to the Tournament rules Committee.
- No score will be official until verified. The machine printout is official unless error is reported within 6 hours.
- Trophies will be awarded on the basis of 1 out of every 5 entries in each division for handicap. Scratch trophies awarded to First Place Winners only.
- NO USE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS OR PLAYING COIN OPERATED AMUSEMENT DEVICES IS ALLOWED DURING TOUNAMENT PARTICIPATION. NO FOOD OR DRINK WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE BOWLERS AREA BY ANYONE. NO CELL PHONES OR MUSIC DEVICES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BOWLERS AREA. ONLY PARTICIPANTS, SCORE KEEPERS, AND TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THE BOWLERS AREA.
- The USBC Youth Code will be strictly enforced. Any infraction will disqualify the entrant from any and all participation.
- DRESS CODE: A good tee shirt, shirt or blouse with slacks or good jeans only. Shorts that go to knee will be permitted. NON DRESS CODE: No obscene attire, No sagging jeans, No hats, No shorts less than knee length.
- COACHES AND PARENTS: Coaching of Youth Bowlers must be behind set-tee area and shall not take place between balls of each frame. All spectators must stay on the carpeted area behind bowler’s area. No Alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the Bowling Center Area where the youth bowlers are. They will have to keep in the bar at all times during the tournament.
- A special squad will be added on Sunday January 13 at 11:00 AM for 7th Day Adventist for Doubles and Singles