2017 City Open Tournament Rules
The Tuscaloosa USBC 2017 City Open Championship Tournament will be held January 28-29/February 4-5, 2017. Advance entries are not required—sign up on site, entries will close 30 minutes prior to each squad time. This tournament is certified by the United States Bowling Congress, and USBC rules and regulations will govern this tournament unless the tournament rules state otherwise.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Tournament is open to male and female members of the Tuscaloosa USBC Association. All members must have joined an association league at least 15 days prior to bowling in the tournament.
2. MULTIPLE PARTICIPATION: An entrant may participate multiple times in team and doubles, but must bowl both doubles and singles the first time bowling in doubles. The first score bowled in each event will count toward all-events score. For multiple participation, the following rules apply:
TEAM: At least two players in the lineup must be different.
DOUBLES: At least one player in the lineup must be different.
3. PRIZES: 100% of the prize fees will be paid out. The total prize fund will be distributed 80% to handicap prize list and 20% to scratch prize list. Cash awards proration for handicap team and doubles events is 1 out of every 5 entries and handicap singles and all events is 1 out of every 10 entries. Cash award proration for scratch team, doubles and all-events is 1 out of every 10 entries and scratch singles is 1 out of every 20 entries.
4. AVERAGES: Each participant is responsible for providing the proper tournament average on the entry form. Tournament entering average is last year’s highest sanctioned league average of 21 games or more. 10-pin rule applies: If your current average of 21 games or more as of 1 January exceeds your highest average from last year by 10 pins or more, you must enter with your current average in accordance with USBC Rule 319a. In the event you do not have a sanctioned league average from last year, you must use your highest current sanctioned league average of 21 games or more as of 1 January. A bowler not meeting the 21-game requirement before 1 January but achieving 21 games by 27 January may use that average. A bowler not meeting any of these conditions must enter at an average of 220. The Association Manager will verify all averages of prize winners before any awards are given. USBC Rule 319a states failure to use the proper average shall disqualify score if submitted average is lower than actual average thereby resulting in a lower classification or more handicap. USBC rule 319d and 319e are in effect for this tournament—bowlers are responsible for reporting winnings and tournament scores from the previous 12 months prior to bowling for possible average adjustment.
5. HANDICAP: Handicap will be computed on a basis of 90% of the difference between each individual average and 220 per game for a three-game set. [(220 - avg.) x 3] x .90
6. TEAM CAPTAINS: Team captains must be identified on the entry form and will be responsible at all times for the eligibility and conduct of team members. All team captains must check in at least 30 minutes prior to squad time.
7. ENTRY FEE: Entry fee will be $20.00 per person for Team Event, $20.00 per person for Doubles and $20.00 per person for Singles. Of this $20.00 fee, $10.00 will pay bowling lineage fees and $10.00 will go into the prize fund. Both all-events are optional—entry fee for All-Events Handicap is $5.00 and All-Events Scratch is $5.00. All bowlers are automatically entered into handicap and scratch portions of team, doubles and singles.
8. ENTRY FORMS AND PAYMENT:
**ADVANCE ENTRIES NOT REQUIRED—SIGN UP ON SITE, ENTRIES CLOSE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO EACH SQUAD TIME** All entry forms must be complete and no entry forms will be accepted without entry fees. Mail advance entry forms with payment to Tuscaloosa USBC, PO Box 3164, Tuscaloosa AL 35403, or give to front desk at Leland Lanes and AMF Bama Lanes to be placed in the Association mailbox. Make checks payable to Tuscaloosa USBC. DO NOT MAIL CASH. There will be a $20.00 fee imposed on all checks returned.
9. CHECK-IN/TARDY PLAYERS: Check-in time and registration time is at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled squad time. Tardy players will start in the frame being bowled, with 0 score for each frame missed.
10. LANE ASSIGNMENTS: The Tournament Manager will determine the lane assignments. Doubles and singles event will be bowled on one pair of lanes, doubles will be bowled first.
11. PLAYOFFS: In the event there is a tie for first place in any event, co-champions will be declared.
12. PROTESTS: Report all protests to the tournament manager. See USBC Rule 329.
13. PARENTAL CONSENT: Any unmarried grade or high school student who has not attained the age of 18 must fill out a parental consent form and obtain approval from the President and Association Manager of the Tuscaloosa USBC for entry into this tournament prior to participation. (USBC Rule 13)
14. Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency relating thereto or therefrom fire, natural disaster, or other reasons beyond the control of Tuscaloosa USBC Association shall cause all advertised prizes to be prorated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in each of the respective events up to the time of such termination.
Bob Gambrell – Chairman