2018 Women City Tournament Rules
1. 1. This tournament is certified by USBC. Entry is open to all female Tuscaloosa USBC members. All members must have joined an association league at least 15 days prior to bowling in the tournament.
2. The tournament shall consist of a 4-WOMAN TEAM EVENT, DOUBLES and SINGLES, and ALL EVENTS. Three consecutive games shall be bowled in each event and total pins shall decide the winner. The total of nine games bowled will determine the all-events winners for handicap and scratch divisions.
3. MULTIPLE PARTICIPATION: An entrant may participate multiple times in team and doubles, but must bowl both doubles and singles the first time bowling in doubles. The first score bowled in each event will count toward all-events score. For multiple participation, the following rules apply:
TEAM: At least two players in the lineup must be different. DOUBLES: At least one player in the lineup must be different.
4. PRIZES: 100% of the prize fees will be paid out. Ratio for prize payout will be one out of every five entries.
5. AVERAGES: Each participant is responsible for providing the proper tournament average on the entry form. Tournament entering average is last year’s highest sanctioned league average of 21 games or more. 10-pin rule applies: If your current average of 21 games or more as of 1 January exceeds your highest average from last year by 10 pins or more, you must enter with your current average in accordance with USBC Rule 319a. In the event you do not have a sanctioned league average from last year, you must use your highest current sanctioned league average of 21 games or more as of 1 January. A bowler not meeting the 21-game requirement before 1 January but achieving 21 games by 26 January may use that average. A bowler not meeting any of these conditions must enter at an average of 220. The Association Manager will verify all averages of prize winners before any awards are given. It is each bowler’s individual responsibility to ensure compliance with USBC Rules 319a, b, c, d and e concerning averages.
6. Handicap will be computed on a basis of 90% of the difference between each individual average and 220 per game for a three-game set. [(220 - avg.) x 3] x .90
**SIGN UP ON SITE**
****ENTRIES CLOSE 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO EACH SQUAD TIME****
7. Entry fee will be $20.00 per person for Team, Doubles and Singles. Of this $20.00 fee, $10.00 will pay bowling lineage fees and $10.00 will go into the prize fund. Both all-events are optional—entry fee for All-Events Handicap is $5.00 and All-Events Scratch is $5.00.
8. ENTRY FORMS AND PAYMENT:
**ADVANCE ENTRIES NOT REQUIRED—SIGN UP ON SITE, ENTRIES CLOSE 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO EACH SQUAD TIME** All entry forms must be complete and no entry forms will be accepted without entry fees. Mail advance entry forms with payment to Tuscaloosa USBC, PO Box 3164, Tuscaloosa AL 35403, or give to front desk at Leland Lanes and AMF Bama Lanes to be placed in the Association mailbox. Make checks payable to Tuscaloosa USBC. DO NOT MAIL CASH. There will be a $20.00 fee imposed on all checks returned.
9. LANE ASSIGNMENTS: The Tournament Manager will determine the lane assignments. Doubles and singles event will be bowled on one pair of lanes, doubles will be bowled first.
10. Any unmarried grade or high school student who has not attained the age of 18 must fill out a parental consent form and obtain approval from the President and Association Manager of the Tuscaloosa USBC for entry into this tournament prior to participation. (USBC Rule 13)
11. Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency relating thereto or therefrom fire, natural disaster, or other reasons beyond the control of Tuscaloosa USBC Association shall cause all advertised prizes to be prorated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in each of the respective events up to the time of such termination.
Bob Bob Gambrell – Chairman