Tuscaloosa Youth City Tournament Entry Form
You will need Adobe Acrobat to read and print the entry form.
Tuscaloosa Youth City Tournament Rules
Tournament Description: Open to all Tuscaloosa USBC sanctioned Youth bowlers, Singles, Doubles and Team events, two divisions based on age (12 and below/13 and above) plus a bumper division of singles only, handicap tournament based on 80% of 200 will be used. All-events for both Scratch and Handicap will be available at an optional cost and participation for all athletes. Scholarship funds will be awarded based on a tournament participation ratio of one to three. Rule 300c ELIGIBILITY RULE will be enforced.
Tournament Dates/Times: Tournament squad times at each bowling center are 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 pm on Saturday, December 8, 2012 and Sunday, December 9, 2012. Bowlers must check in at least thirty minutes prior to squad time. Late arrivals will receive zero pins for the frames missed.
Tournament Location: AMF Bama Lanes and Leland Lanes.
Entry Fee: $10.00 per bowler per event; Optional All-Events Handicap and Scratch available for $5 each.
Entries Dates: Eligible athletes may sign-up during tournament check-in time but entry submission prior to tournament is preferred. Tournament applications may be submitted to Jim Spitzley or Mindy Walker.
1. PARTICIPANTS – The tournament is open to all Tuscaloosa USBC youth athletes. Youth athletes may bowl up in the higher age bracket, but may not bowl down in the lower age bracket.
2. HANDICAP – Based on 80% of 200.
3. SCHOLARSHIP Awards – This is a Scholarship tournament. In case of ties – the total of the tied position(s) will be totaled and equally awarded. The award amounts are based on $500 from the Tuscaloosa USBC Association plus the award fee portion ($2.50) of each entry fee. Prizes will be awarded as scholarships and paid out on a ratio of 1 award for every 3 entries. All-events (Handicap and Scratch) will be optional at a cost of $5 for handicap and $5 for scratch.
DOUBLES SINGLES TEAM HCP SCR BUMPERS
LINEAGE FEE 7.50 7.50 7.50 5.00
AWARD FEE 2.50 2.50 2.50 5.00 5.00 5.00
TOTAL ENTRY 10.00 10.00 10.00 5.00 5.00 10.00
PLUS $500.00 Association Funds - 166.00 for DOUBLES event, $166.00 for SINGLES events and $168.00 for TEAM event.
4. ENTERING AVERAGES – Entrants will use their highest USBC sanctioned average based on a minimum of 12 or more games for the current season. Athletes without an established sanctioned league average for the current season but with an established average from the previous season will use that average. All others shall bowl with a 200 average. The provisions of USBC rules 319a-2 and 319e do not apply. Athletes are responsible for verifying their own average. Failure to use the correct average shall disqualify scores if submitted average is lower than correct average thereby resulting in a lower classification or more handicap. Winnings shall be based on the submitted average if it is higher than the correct average. Corrections in averages may be permitted up to the completion of the first game of a series.
5. DOUBLES/SINGLES EVENT – Doubles and Singles are run as one squad. If you enter Doubles, you must enter Singles and vice versa. Doubles are bowled first and then Singles. Bowlers may only enter Doubles and Singles one time.
6. MULTIPLE PARTICIPATION – A bowler may participate unlimited times in the Team event with not more than two players on the same team. Your first Team score shall count in the All-Events total. No athlete may bowl on two teams on the same shift.
7. AVERAGE RESPONSIBILITY – It shall be each entrant’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of his/her average in handicap tournament (Rule 319a3) whether originally submitted by the entrant or anyone else
8. DRESS CODE – Athletes may wear casual slacks, trousers, and jeans. The jeans should not have worn, cut or tattered openings in areas that show skin or underwear. No shorts are permitted. During participation in any event, athletes are not permitted to wear hats, bandanas or any type of head wear. NO USE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS OR PLAYING OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES, CELL PHONES OR
CD PLAYERS WILL BE ALLOWED DURING PARTICIPATION IN TOURNAMENT.
9. PROBLEMS/DISPUTES – Any problems and/or disputes which may occur and are not covered by the above tournament rules or USBC rules shall be decided upon by the Tournament Committee.
10. TOURNAMENT DISRUPTION – Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency or emergency causes relating thereto or therefrom fire, natural disaster, or any other reason beyond the control of the Tuscaloosa USBC shall cause, to the extent required thereby, all advertised awards, guaranteed or otherwise, to be prorated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in the respective event up to the time of such termination.